Activists and researchers of the Russian Heritage and Russian-British relations: historians, sociologists, cultural and art experts, émigré historians who care about Russian history, culture, Russian-British cooperation and relations:
You are invited to participate in the
10th INTERNATIONAL SCIENCE-TO-PRACTICE CONFERENCE
RUSSIAN HERITAGE IN THE CONTEMPORARY WORLD.
HISTORY. CULTURE. IDENTITY.
Date: 4 July 2021
Venue: Zoom (online)
Application Closing Date: 29 June 2021
Presentations and conference materials are accepted in two languages: Russian and English
Please send any enquiries to Dr. Julia Pliauksta russianheritag
The purpose of the conference is to promote collaboration between native and foreign specialists in the spheres of Russian culture, history, sociology, literature, science and art and the British contribution to the Russian culture, art and social life. The aim is to share knowledge on the experience and activities of the Russian diaspora in Britain and to learn about the Britons who made links between Russian and British societies and cultures, preserving the Russian presence in Britain; expanding knowledge of Russian-British relations between fellow Russian citizens and British people.
Each presenter and contributor will be issued a Certificate of participation in the conference. At the end of the conference a collection of materials assigned with ISBN (International Standard Book Number) will be published. The collections of the materials will be sent to the leading UK and Russian libraries and distributed in the Russian scholarly communities and ogranisations.
Presentations and conference materials are accepted in two languages: Russian and English.
11:00 – 11:30 Conference opening and addresses
13:00 – 13:30 Lunch break
13:00 – 15:00 Participants’ presentations
15:00 – 15:15 Coffee break
15:15 – 17:00 Participants’ presentations, Q&A
17:00 Conference closing
The conference application (Appendix) and the text of the paper should be formatted according to the requirements and a sample below should be sent to the email of RUSSIAN HERITAGE IN THE UNITED KINGDOM Dr. Julia Pliauksta russianheritag until 29th June 2021 inclusive. Your participation in the conference and the publication of your article will be accepted or rejected after the “Russian Heritage in the United Kingdom Society” checking.
PAPER FORMATTING REQUIREMENTS
- An electronic copy of a paper for the conference shall be sent via email (russianher).
- The electronic copy of the paper shall be provided in
– Word format,
– point size 14 “Times New Roman”,
– 1,15 line spacing,
– without automatic hyphenation.
- The minimum volume of the paper/material for the conference is 4 pages.
- The cited literature shall be presented at the end of the text under the title “List of references” (without a colon). The sources should be listed in alphabetical order without repetitions. First regulatory enactments shall be specified, then materials in Russian and finally – materials in a foreign language.
- References to the literature or notes to the text should be presented at the bottom of the page (footnotes).
- The name of the file with the paper/ for the conference shall contain the information as follows: the author’s last name – full stop– the title of the paper for the conference.
For example: Ivanov. Explorations in chemistry.
- At the beginning of the paper the information on the author should be specified: full name, position and workplace (full title of the organization where the author works), academic degree, country and city of residence, e-mail. Example:
Dr. Mark BROWN
PhD in History
Leeds University, Dep. of Russian History
Russian History Club Hon. President
United Kingdom, Leeds
Доктор философии в области истории
Университет Лидз, Департамент Русской истории
Почетный президент Русского исторического клуба
The lessons of Russian History as a factor of… (point size 14, bold)
After the title of the publication the summary (2 – 3 sentences) and key words (5 – 8) should be written patterned after as follows:
The summary. In the paper the author reveals…
Key words: ; ; ; .
Уроки русской истории как фактор….
Ключевые слова: ; ; .
ATTENTION: IT IS NECESSARY TO PROVIDE
– the name and surname of the author and
– the title of the paper, summary and key words in BOTH LANGUAGES: RUSSIAN AND ENGLISH!
The article can be either in Russian or English.
PLEASE NOTE: EDITING COMMITTEE HAS A RIGHT TO REJECT THE PUBLICATION OF THE PAPER IF IT DOES NOT FOLLOW THE SUBJECT OR ITS QUALITY IS NOT RANGED AS A SCIENTIFIC PAPER.
For participation in the Fifth International science-to-practice conference “Russian Heritage in the Contemporary World.
Achievements and perspectives”
1. Name and Surname
2. Country and city/town of residence________________________________
3 Academic degree, academic rank, titles of honour_____________________
4. Position ________________________________________________________
5. Place of work /study __________________________________________________________________
6. Name of the paper/ presentation
7. Contact Tel. number __________________________________________________________________
8. E-mail address __________________________________________________________________
9. Postal address for sending the conference materials collection